• Create Account

Photo

New scam? 3 day early access

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Offline   TankCeo

TankCeo

Zulu1Viper

• [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:01 PM

So this new marketing scheme to increase the price tag of their games.... 3 day early access if you buy the Early Enlister Edition for $20 more plus some skins and 5 battle packs... I'm pretty sure most players buying this edition is for the 3 days, but are players really getting early access? 

I don't think so. Historically, BF titles are released on Tuesday, so really all EA is doing is pushing back the release date for those who buy the standard edition, so the early enlister can have that illusion of getting the game earlier...

I really don't care about the 3 days, or when it's going to be released. I'm in no rush to play the game and you can't beat the 20% discount from amazon prime, but this new marketing scheme is a way to milk more money out of players and increasing the cost of games when players are really only buying the illusion of getting the game sooner. 

What do you guys think? It's dead here, so thought i'd bring up something stupid.

Edited by TankCeo, 10 October 2016 - 07:34 PM.

#2 Offline   f|aShf|r3

f|aShf|r3
  • [pRc] Council
  • 4545 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

#FanBoyism

Already preordered with Premium + Origin Access so I can play this Thurs-Fri for 10hrs for only $5 and to get a 10% discount toward the total price. Canceling Origin Access afterwards cause I wouldn't utilize it for any other reason but to play earlier than earlier and to keep may stats and a dog the tag for reaching rank 18 before my 10 hrs are up.

Click here to view image.

sxg244-6.png

eQvt5co.jpg

#3 Offline   Brandons_Iron

Brandons_Iron

Council Member

• [pRc] Council
  • 2404 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:02 AM

I think they did a really good job with this one and I don't see the issues with this one we saw with BF4. BUT, after playing the beta I discovered that the game still does some stupid shit that is just the way its made, its not broke, its just how it is. That makes me rage quit already. I've decided that EA has enough of my money and I won't be playing this one. I've canceled my pre-order. Sorry gents, I won't be seeing you on this battlefield.

6ZrisSU.jpg

#4 Offline   TankCeo

TankCeo

Zulu1Viper

• [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

#FanBoyism

Already preordered with Premium + Origin Access so I can play this Thurs-Fri for 10hrs for only $5 and to get a 10% discount toward the total price. Canceling Origin Access afterwards cause I wouldn't utilize it for any other reason but to play earlier than earlier and to keep may stats and a dog the tag for reaching rank 18 before my 10 hrs are up.

Click here to view image.

Yea, that's a good deal with the 10% off + early game time. I thought that deal started today.

Brandon, what don't you like about it? 

I'm a little worried that the game is going to be too fast paced, arcade like / less tactical and won't have a long lifespan which is why I'm going with the cheapest route with amazon's 20% off. Not paying full price always makes me feel a little better If I'm disappointed with the game.

Plus I like to play the single player first any way before I dive into MP. 

Edited by TankCeo, 11 October 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#5 Offline   Ripplez

Ripplez
  • [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

You fuckers are way to fucking picky. What's the point in being in a battlefield clan if you're just going to whine and bitch every time a new game comes out.

Edited by Ripplez, 12 October 2016 - 10:44 PM.

tumblr_mxxv8dcxPr1qc1mbco1_400.gif

#6 Offline   Brandons_Iron

Brandons_Iron

Council Member

• [pRc] Council
  • 2404 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:35 AM

Brandon, what don't you like about it? 

Oh, I think it will do well and I think they also did a pretty good job of it. The things that bother me about it have always bothered me. It's not broken, in fact some of the things are by design or mechanic. After playing it and finding I was rage quiting on a F'n beta, I decided I just don't need to play a game that makes me mad every other time I play. And for personal reasons. Some of you would say "that's' balance" or "that's how it is supposed to be" insert reason here. Nah, I don't see enough fun for me personally here to drop $100+ for it. I'm very sure most of you will truly enjoy the game for many hours, but for me it just doesn't thrill me that much.

And Ripples, I'm not bitching about the game. I'm stating a personal opinion that I don't feel it's for me. I'm sorry my opinion doesn't align with yours about being in this clan and playing every BF game that will ever be produced. I think there is more to this clan than that.

6ZrisSU.jpg

#7 Offline   Ripplez

Ripplez
  • [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:26 PM

First off.. You spelled my name wrong. Sheesh and secondly... Oh secondly... You complain about everything. It's rather annoying. I used to rage over everything, hell I've broken a keyboard! But just sit back and game with your friends. That is what it's about but I don't think it's broken at all. 

I would like to know what you think it broken about it though, and please do leave EA out of it.

tumblr_mxxv8dcxPr1qc1mbco1_400.gif

#8 Offline   Brandons_Iron

Brandons_Iron

Council Member

• [pRc] Council
  • 2404 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:41 PM

Sorry 'bout the spelling, my bad. You need to re-read the post. I said, its NOT broken. I said, they did a good job. There are just things in the game, and were in 3 and 4 that just annoy the hell out of me and for $100+ to play I decided this time I'll take a pass. If it was half that I'd likely buy it. Hopefully, that will calm your nerves a bit. If not, well, too bad.

6ZrisSU.jpg

#9 Offline   TankCeo

TankCeo

Zulu1Viper

• [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

Come on guys, we all know I'm the picky one that bitches about a lot of things.

I think the game will be fun. I'm just annoyed by their new marketing scheme... 

Brandon, if you have amazon prime, you get 20% off. =)

Edited by TankCeo, 15 October 2016 - 01:53 AM.

#10 Offline   Brandons_Iron

Brandons_Iron

Council Member

• [pRc] Council
  • 2404 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

Nah, not a prime member. I don't buy enough from them to justify the $99/yr cost, so unfortunately that math won't work either. I think it will be a huge hit, I think it will be very fun and quite popular. For my OWN reasons I just don't see it this time. I think it's time for me to move on. There really isn't anything here for me now. Things change and that's just how it is. Such is life. Have fun guys. See you around.

6ZrisSU.jpg

#11 Offline   killatactics

killatactics
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

just fyi, i get amazon prime for 49.99 a year on a student account. I havent been in school for a few years but they still let me have .edu email address as long as i register on the site. They verify your prime membership through it and bam cheap prime.

Killatactics

#12 Offline   Jameson

Jameson

1..2.3..duck face. NOT

• [pRc] Council
  • 2672 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

just fyi, i get amazon prime for 49.99 a year on a student account. I havent been in school for a few years but they still let me have .edu email address as long as i register on the site. They verify your prime membership through it and bam cheap prime.

That works for a few years and then they'll make you get a regular Prime account..just fyi.

Jameson
Technical Stupidvisor
Fixing broken shit since 2012

#13 Offline   TankCeo

TankCeo

Zulu1Viper

• [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

That works for a few years and then they'll make you get a regular Prime account..just fyi.

ah really guess i only have a year left then

#14 Offline   Bugrat

Bugrat
  • [pRc] Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:09 AM

Come on guys, we all know I'm the picky one that bitches about a lot of things.

I think the game will be fun. I'm just annoyed by their new marketing scheme... 

Brandon, if you have amazon prime, you get 20% off. =)

Is it possible to get the 20% Prime deal on a digital version of the game or do you have to wait for them to ship you a physical copy?

I'd be all over it if I could just get a key right away.

#15 Offline   beartooth

beartooth
  • [pRc] Senior Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:20 AM

Is it possible to get the 20% Prime deal on a digital version of the game or do you have to wait for them to ship you a physical copy?

Well I ordered using the prime deal and have not gotten anything yet so i'm really not sure if im getting a key or physical. It says it will be here on 21st so personally i don't really care.

#16 Offline   TankCeo

TankCeo

Zulu1Viper

• [pRc] Senior Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:44 AM

Amazon doesn't offer a digital version. They ship you a box with a code inside. It's free same day shipping. 

Still worth it. Total cost of the game with season pass will be $97.98 instead of $129.98... that's almost more than half of a PS4... crazy they can charge so much.

#17 Offline   Jameson

Jameson

1..2.3..duck face. NOT

• [pRc] Council
  • 2672 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

Amazon doesn't offer a digital version. They ship you a box with a code inside. It's free same day shipping. 

Still worth it. Total cost of the game with season pass will be $97.98 instead of $129.98... that's almost more than half of a PS4... crazy they can charge so much.

Fuck that.  I just bought the standard version.  I'll just wait for the DLC to be on sale.

Jameson
Technical Stupidvisor
Fixing broken shit since 2012

#18 Offline   billyover9000

billyover9000
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

so i take it prc isnt going to have a server? seems like hardline and battlefront sapped everyones excitment for battlefield series. i actually miss the old bf3 and bf4 days when this clan was ACTIVE and actually played BATTLEFIELD.... peace out

#19 Offline   Garbage_Fire

Garbage_Fire

Recruiter and owner of GW

• [pRc] Council
  • 1828 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

DISCURSSIONS ARE IN THE WERKS

GarbageFire.png

#20 Offline   Bugrat

Bugrat
  • [pRc] Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

so i take it prc isnt going to have a server? seems like hardline and battlefront sapped everyones excitment for battlefield series. i actually miss the old bf3 and bf4 days when this clan was ACTIVE and actually played BATTLEFIELD.... peace out

I don't think they are selling servers yet. I think I saw somewhere custom servers won't be available until November.